Wednesday Wonder No 18

This weeks' Wednesday Wonder is brought to you by the artist Helen Harrop who writes:

"I was invited to create an object in response to the idea of 'a lost library within the Lost Library' and was lent several private library auction catalogues which inspired me to create a 'ghost book' containing fragments of all the unwritten stories that people carry within them. 


Art Helen Harrop
Photography David Knight


I imagined a library containing a ghost book for every person and created a single book to hold lines from my own unwritten stories. My ghost book is a provocation to Lost Library visitors, one that reminds them of the ethereal, fragile beauty of their own unwritten words and invites them to withdraw their ghost book from the Lost Library by writing and publishing their own stories."


Comments

Popular Posts